QUALITY AND PATIENT SAFETY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM PRECONFERENCE QUESTIONS
Participants in the Introduction to Quality and Patient Safety Program should consider the following questions in conjunction with completion of the pre-conference readings:
Participants in the Advanced Applications in Quality and Patient Safety Methods should consider the following questions in conjunction with completion of the pre-conference readings:
- What are the most important quality/patient safety issues facing your institution?
- How does the culture of your institution affect your ability to implement change?
- What are three quality/patient safety initiatives that youve read about, heard about, or seen that you believe will make an impact in your institution?
- What are three quality/patient safety initiatives you would like to implement in the next year?
- Describe the barriers to overcome and how you would go about enhancing the buy-in necessary to accomplish each of those initiatives in your institution.
- What quality/patient safety initiative have you implemented or been involved with in your institution?
- Describe the barriers you needed to overcome in implementing this initiative and how you overcame those barriers.
- How is systems thinking applied within your organization?